Almond Sheets for Petit Fours
- Place the California Almond Paste and the sugar into the mixer fitted with the paddle and mix on medium speed until the almond paste is broken up.
- With the machine running add the soft butter a little at a time.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the bowl. Continue to mix on medium for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- With the machine running add the eggs a little at a time, waiting for each addition to be incorporated before adding the next.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the bowl. Continue to mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Stop the machine and add all of the flour. Mix on low speed just until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Scale 2# of batter for each ½ sheet pan. Color each layer as desired and spread out evenly on a pan that has been prepared with parchment paper and spray.
- Bake the sheets in an oven that has been pre heated to 375°F for about 10 minutes or just until the cake springs back when gently touched.
- Once cooled layer the sheets together with one thin layer of Darbo Apricot jam and one thin layer of Darbo Raspberry jam.
- Cover the tops and bottoms with a thin layer of Carma Original Dark NH and cut into desired shapes.
At your discretion.